My action item: Letter to the W3C Web Applications WG

MURATA Makoto (FAMILY Given) eb2m-mrt at asahi-net.or.jp
Sat Oct 31 04:40:52 CET 2009

Wearing my expert hat....

> 2) Terminology differences frequently cause problems for users of standards.  The
> OPC specification includes conceptual terms and references potentially
> relevant to the Widgets specification, notably in areas such as the ZIP
> subset, part concept, the part-to-name mapping, the pack scheme and
> UTF-8 usage. We commend consideration of these to the Web Applications
> WG.

Japan recently submitted several DRs about OPC (09-0280 thru 09-0293).
I believe that terms and concepts in OPC are sometimes chaotic and have
to be revisited.

I think that WG4 experts should review both OPC and Widget packaging and
propose specific changes to the Web Applications WG rather than asking
them to learn from 29500-2.