Why we did not introduce an attribute for versioning in the FPDAM1 set

MURATA Makoto (FAMILY Given) eb2m-mrt at asahi-net.or.jp
Thu Jan 7 03:43:40 CET 2010

More than one member body mentioned versioning attributes for
distinguishing 29500 and Emca-376:3008.

In my understanding, we did not introduce such a versioning attribute for two reasons.
First, we were not able to figure out the interaction between the version
attribute and MCE.  Second, if a versioning attribute is optional, we
cannot tell which is which when it is omitted; if it is mandatory, every
existing OOXML document would be forced to be non-conformant to 29500 as
amended.