Rewriting the scope of Part 3

MURATA Makoto eb2m-mrt at asahi-net.or.jp
Mon Jun 27 23:51:00 CEST 2011

Folks,

The scope of Part 3 (MCE) is now:

    This Part of ISO/IEC 29500 describes a set of conventions that are
    used by Office Open XML documents to clearly mark elements and
    attributes introduced by future versions or extensions of Office Open
    XML documents, while providing a method by which consumers can obtain
    a baseline version of the Office Open XML document (a version without
    extensions) for interoperability.

I proposed a rewrite, which  is intended to make Part 3 generic:

    This Part of ISO/IEC 29500 describes a set of conventions to clearly
    mark elements and attributes that do not exist in an XML-based markup
    language but are introduced by extensions of the markup language,
    while providing a method by which consumers can obtain an XML document
    that are free from extensions for interoperability.