Errors in Part 1 RNC schemas in the consolidated Part 1

Rex Jaeschke rex at RexJaeschke.com
Sun Mar 6 23:14:34 CET 2011

See my replies inline.

==============================

My response:

I agree; item 396 of AMD1 does include this correction; however, it appears
I missed making that change in the consolidation.

==============================

> Keep the original def of dchrt_ST_Perspective ([0,240]) and delete
> dchrt_ST_PerspectivePercent.

==============================

My response:

I don’t understand. As far as I can see that is exactly what I did during
consolidation.

==============================

> Replace "default value: 30" by "default value: 30%" in
dchrt_CT_Perspective

==============================

My response:

I disagree. While item 398 of AMD1 added the % suffix, item  5 of AMD1/COR1
deleted the whole of item 398, which required me to remove that suffix.

==============================

> Replace "default value: 0%" by "default value: 0"
> in dchrt_CT_Overlap

==============================

My response:

I disagree. Item 401 of AMD1 added the % suffix, presumably due to the
invention of dchrt_ST_OverlapPercent.

==============================

> Delete maxInclusive="255" in dchrt_ST_Period

==============================

My response:

I agree.

The DR log entry for DR 09-0003 includes the following change:

Part 1: §B.5.1, “Drawing ML - Charts”, p. 4886, lines 311–312

dchrt_ST_Period =
xsd:unsignedIntByte { minInclusive = "2" maxInclusive = "4294967295" }

that is, 255 was changed to 4294967295.

However, according to the DR log,

2009-07-23 Teleconference:

Agreed to remove the (redundant) maxInclusive element.

Item 594 of COR1 shows that element removed, but does not show that anything
changed from 29500:2008. It should have shown maxInclusive struck through in
red. As a result, no change was made during consolidation when one should
have been made. I will change Annex B to reflect the electronic schema and
WG4's intent.

> B.2 sml.rnc

> Move sml_CT_Font after the def of sml_ST_FontFamily.

My response:

Ok.