Reviving 30114-2: which location for character checking?

MURATA Makoto eb2m-mrt at asahi-net.or.jp
Sat Dec 6 03:20:40 CET 2014

Dear colleagues,

I have the same question about PML.  Which element of
PML captures run-like and paragraph-like constructs?

Here is a proposal for PML.

1) Status quo

None.

2) Already agreed

presentation (root of the Main Presentation part , applies to the entire
presentation)

3) Others

sld/cSld (entire slide)
notes/cSld (entire note)
sldLayout/cSld (slide layout)
sldMaster/cSld (slide master)
handoutMaster/cSld (handout master)
notesMaster/cSld (notes master)

Character repertoire checking for masters and slides layout
might be unnecessary.  Then, we only need the first two.

> [...]
>
>> Folks,
>>
>> Here is a proposed list of WML locations for character repertoire
>> checking.
>>
>> 1) Status quo
>>
>> w:sdtPr (structured document tags)
>>
>> 2) Already agreed
>>
>> w:sectPr (sections in WML)
>> w:style (paragraph and runs by style names in WML)
>>
>> 3) Others
>>
>> w:settings (root of the Document Settings part, applies to the entire WML
>> document)
>> w:comments (root of the Comments part, applies to all comments)
>> w:endnotes (root of the Endnotes part, applies to all endnotes)
>> w:ftr (root of the Footnotes part, applies to all footnotes)
>> w:body (root of the Main Document, applies to the maing document)
>> w:glossaryDocument (root of the Glossary Document part)
>>
>> Regards,
>> Makoto

>>> Dear colleagues,
>>>
>>> I am trying to create the second CD 30114-2 Extensions of Office Open
>>> XML File Formats — Part 2: Character Repertoire Checking.
>>>
>>> First, I am The biggest changed agreed to allow more locations for
>>> character checking.  These locations are:
>>>
>>> - sections in WML
>>> - entire PML, SML, or WML documents (including DrawingML and other sub
>>> vocabularies)
>>> - slides of PML
>>> - paragraph and runs by style names in WML
>>> - run-like and paragraph-like constructs of PML and SML
>>> - ranges in SML
>>>
>>> I am wondering how we should implement the second bullet.  We can be
>>> very specific: for each OPC part, we can create lists of
>>> elements/attributes that contain text to be rendered.  We can be very
>>> loose: we just say no XML elements/attributes in the entire package
>>> are controlled by a single CREPDL script.  Which do you think
>>> is better?
>>>
>>> I enumerated all OPC parts that contain elements whose contents are
>>> either <text/> or <data type="string"> (in RELAX NG).
>>>
>>> 1.Strict
>>>
>>> WML
>>> +WordprocessingML_Comments
>>> +WordprocessingML_Endnotes
>>> +WordprocessingML_Footer
>>> +WordprocessingML_Footnotes
>>> +WordprocessingML_Glossary_Document
>>> +WordprocessingML_Header
>>> +WordprocessingML_Main_Document
>>>
>>> PML
>>> +PresentationML_Comments
>>> +PresentationML_Handout_Master
>>> +PresentationML_Notes_Master
>>> +PresentationML_Notes_Slide
>>> +PresentationML_Slide
>>> +PresentationML_Slide_Layout
>>> +PresentationML_Slide_Master
>>>
>>> SML
>>> +SpreadsheetML_Chartsheet
>>> +SpreadsheetML_Comments
>>> ?SpreadsheetML_Custom_XML_Mappings
>>> +SpreadsheetML_Dialogsheet
>>> +SpreadsheetML_Drawing
>>> ?SpreadsheetML_External_Workbook_References
>>> +SpreadsheetML_Shared_String_Table
>>> ?SpreadsheetML_Shared_Workbook_Revision_Log

>>> WordprocessingML_Document_Settings