FYI: ISO TC46 meeting

MURATA Makoto eb2m-mrt at asahi-net.or.jp
Fri Jun 5 16:05:30 CEST 2015

Dear colleagues,

Yesterday, I attended a meeting of the EPUB JWG, which
was held together with the ISO TC46 plenary.

They are interested in long-term preservation of EPUB
and office documents.

I heard that OOXML is not recognized as a long-term
preservation format by many countries.  It appears that
ODF is.

I think that nothing in the OOXML spec and nothing in
the ODF spec justifies the recognition mentioned above.
The only reasonable reason would be the fact that LIbreOffice and
OpenOffice are open source software.  But I certainly
hope that the enormous amount of work by WG4
is recognized more.