Proposed draft for the DIS 30114-2

caroline arms caroline.arms at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 04:51:33 CEST 2016

Murata-san,

Here are a few things I noticed.

*  Inconsistent use of non-breaking spaces and hyphens in numbers for
ISO standards.  I see the non-breaking variants used in Normative
References, but not elsewhere.  I noticed this because the built-in
viewer in Firefox 47.0.1 for .doc files does not recognize the
non-breaking hyphen character, closing 29500-1 into 295001.  This will
be something to check for any conversion to PDF.

*  3.1 looks to have a meaningless note, perhaps left over from the
template.  It reads, "Note 1 to entry: Text of the note."

*  It isn't clear to me what the curved arrow at the top of Figure 4.1
is supposed to mean.

*  4.3.3 has a page-break in the middle of the URI for a namespace.

*  B.1   "This annex provides media types and relationship types used
in this document." This statement seems odd, because they are not used
in this document.  Perhaps "This annex provides media types and
relationship types to be used for the OPC parts specified in this
document."

*  I agree with Francis that the Bibliography entry for 29500-3 is
either unnecessary or needs some explanation.

     Hope this helps.

     Caroline