DR-17-0018: SML: Interpreting lower-level measurements, such as ST_Percentage

MURATA Makoto eb2m-mrt at asahi-net.or.jp
Fri Sep 1 11:24:47 CEST 2017

Charlie,

In transitional OOXML files, the use of "%" is allowed.

Here is a subclause from 29500-4.

14.11.10 ST_UnqualifiedPercentage (Percentage Value Without Percent Sign)

This simple type specifies additional formats for percentage-based values
which can only be used within the transitional conformance class.

Specifically, this value allows percentage-based values to be specified as
follows:

 For the w attribute in CT_TblWidth (Part 1, §17.4.88), the value is
stored in 50ths of a percent.  For all other uses, the value is stored in
whole percentage points.

[Example: Consider the following WordprocessingML fragment:
<w:tblW w:w="1000" w:type="pct" />

The tblW element is based on the CT_TblWidth complex type, and the type
attribute's value is pct, which means that this value is measured in 50ths
of a percent (i.e. 1000 is equal to 20%). end example]

This simple type's contents are a restriction of the W3C XML Schema integer
datatype.
[Note: The W3C XML Schema definition of this simple type’s content model
(ST_UnqualifiedPercentage) is located in §A.2. end note]

: