Comments on Latest OPC draft -- Beginning through Clause 4 Terms and Definitions.

caroline arms caroline.arms at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 20:55:32 CEST 2018

Next batch of comments.  Several of these are that I have double-checked
links/references in recent changes

   Caroline

Page viii -- should probably add a comment that indicates that the
statements about normative annexes will need checking once the annexes are
fixed.

Clause 3.  Normative References
====
There is an email thread from Jan 20 about URLs to use for the Dublin Core
references.  What is currenlty there is certainly not acceptable.  Maybe a
comment should be inserted as a reminder to get back to resolving that
issue.

I noticed a change in date for the XML Base reference and confirmed that I
am happy with Murata-san's very recent change.  The new edition describes
itself as a clarification rather than a new specification.

I checked the other new links too.

Clause 4 Terms and Definitions
====

4.5
I would drop "a" before "device"

4.7
I would use "in place" rather than "in-place"

derived format needs a number.  I'm happy with the definition

4.10 and 4.11
In many places the "pack URI scheme" is now referred to as the "pack
scheme" and refers to IRIs -- need to clean inconsistencies up.

4.16
I checked the subclause number in Murata-san's new text.  It's fine

4.20
I would drop "a" before "device"

4.23
relationship, part
connection from a part to another part in a package, or to an external
resource

I might modify the definition to
connection from a part in a package to another part in the same package, or
to an external resource.

I believe that a relationship to a part in another package would be to an
external resource.  Am I right?  It seems odd that 4.22 and 4.23 don't
match.

4.26
Murata-san has a comment, indicating that the term is used only once.  In
the latest draft, it is now used twice.

I do wonder if a signature policy has to be format-defined.  I wonder if it
might be context-defined in a context that is an internal workflow.

4.33
The normative reference to the ZIP format begins with a period -- .ZIP.
and the APPNOTE.TXT does have the period.  Are we happy to omit the period
here?