Comments on Latest OPC draft -- Miscellaneous areas.

Rick Jelliffe rjelliffe at allette.com.au
Thu Apr 5 14:41:24 CEST 2018

The form without a hyphen goes back to 1974's cpp (C pre processor) and
probably before (Jackson's JSP front end for COBOL around 1970 was called a
preprocessor.)

When I asked about hyphens and editorial policyhe 1990s, I was told it was
not ISO style to  favour hyphens in suffixes or  noun phrases.  This is a
mistake, ugly, and US usage. But nevertheless, it was the guideline in SC34
back then.

Rick