Submission of OASIS ODF 1.1 to JTC1

robert_weir at us.ibm.com robert_weir at us.ibm.com
Mon Feb 22 20:06:17 CET 2010

Hi Francis,

I'm told that OASIS has formally contributed the OASIS ODF 1.1
specification to JTC1 "for the purposes of preparing an amendment to the
2006 IS that will make the amended ISO/IEC 26300 technically equivalent to
the version 1.1 submission".  The note went to JTC1 and SC34 Secretariats.
 Presumably this will be posted to the SC34 repository tomorrow.

If this is not already adequately in your proposed WG6 agenda, we might
want to explicitly have an item there for drafting a motion for the
Plenary to create a project subdivision for this work item.  It will
obviously take more work to craft the text of the amendment, but we can at
least formally initiative the project.

Regards,

-Rob