Remote participation for WG6 meeting in Stockholm

Michiel Leenaars nenmail at staff.isoc.nl
Tue Jan 12 21:07:54 CET 2010

Dear Francis,

FC> I don't anticipate any difficulties in having Skype and webinar
FC> facilities available for remote participation in the Stockholm
FC> meeting, but I will investigate and confirm.
FC>
FC> If anyone would need to participate by regular phone, rather than
FC> by Skype, please let me know.

great to have remote participation for the upcoming meetings, due to
my agenda more travel is not always an option.

I do have an issue with using an untrusted closed solution like Skype,
allowing such an non-auditable application on our systems is not an
option. I can participate over PSTN or preferably with your pick of
proper internet standards based voice solutions like SIP or XMPP -
which have wide band audio and the added benefit of IM and video as
well.

Kind regards,
Michiel Leenaars
Director