FYI: Creating a revision of JIS ODF for ODF 1.1

MURATA Makoto (FAMILY Given) eb2m-mrt at asahi-net.or.jp
Sat Mar 13 09:38:39 CET 2010

Dear colleagues,

Japan has recently published JIS X 4401:2010, which is technically
equivalent to ISO/IEC 26300:2006 combined with the first DCOR.
Usually, the committee for the JIS ODF would dissolve.

But yesterday I requested JISC that this committee continue to exist
for a while so that we can determine whether we should create
a revised JIS for ODF 1.1.  Having learned from Rob Weir that  the
changes effect maybe 5% of the original ODF 1.0, I am
willing to do this revision.

It would be nice if the schedule of the JTC1 ODF 1.1 becomes clear
in Stockholm.

Cheers,
Makoto (chair of the JIS ODF committee)