Ballot result: ISO/IEC 26300:2006/DCOR2

robert_weir at us.ibm.com robert_weir at us.ibm.com
Wed Apr 27 16:06:59 CEST 2011

sc34wg6-bounces at vse.cz wrote on 04/27/2011 09:39:35 AM:

> Dear WG6
>
> I believe it is the duty of the project editor to make the dispositions
> of comments. Furthermore the disopsitioons of comments are due within
> 3 months of the ballot.
>
> So we are doing this work under the authority of the project editor, and
> he can decide to issue the disposition of comments and the resulting
> corrected document as he wishes, even today.
>
> Furthermore I think it is in the interest of OASIS to have this document
> progressed as quickly as possible. At least in Denmark, the COR2 is a
vital
> document for acceptance of ODF in the public sector - ODF was denied
> recommendation in March 2011 because ODF 1.1 was not an ISO standard.
> ODF will be reevaluated in October 2011. It would be essential that COR2
> be approved at that time, and for that to happen, we need to send COR2
> for ballot as quickly as possible.

Hi Keld,

I'm not asking for a long delay.  I'd be happy to move this forward as
quickly as next week.  We have an ODF TC call on Monday. We don't need a
lot of advance time to review this.  But we need more than _zero_ advance
notice.  I assume this is similar for any other organization, whether NB
or Liaison.

The ODF 1.1 synchronization part, is under a separate FPDAM ballot,
unrelated to DCOR 2.  That ballot ends June 8th, and will likely result in
further comments for WG6 to dispose.  I cannot imagine any scenario where
COR2 would not be published before the FPDAM ballot ends.

Regards,

-Rob