Draft minutes of teleconference meeting on 2011-06-22 / Draft agenda for teleconference meeting on 2011-08-17

Gerry Gavigan gerry.gavigan at opensourceconsortium.org
Thu Jul 7 00:37:45 CEST 2011

On Tuesday 05 Jul 2011 21:46:09 Francis Cave wrote:
> I attach draft minutes of the teleconference meeting on 2011-06-22. Please
> advise me of any errors.

Regarding Item 6.1:

"Although no formal position was taken by the meeting, the balance of view
during the meeting seemed to be in favour of retaining 26300 to align with ODF
1.1, which will remain a supported OASIS standard after ODF 1.2 has been
published, and creating a new numbered standard to align with ODF 1.2"

While I understand the reasoning behind the view that perhaps ODF 1.2 should
have a new numbered standard may I present a non-technical reason for
suggestind that IS 26300 should be retained?

Suprisingly thought it may seem, it is not clear that administrations (more
specifically UKG) would be able to get their heads around the new number. UKG
struggles with standards generally.

I caution against anythin that could lead to the unintended consequence of
(even) slower adoption of ODF.

This is not an unevidenced assertion.

May I ask you to look at the following?

http://www.opensourceconsortium.org/content/view/156/89/