Draft minutes of teleconference meeting on 2011-06-22 / Draft agenda for teleconference meeting on 2011-08-17

robert_weir at us.ibm.com robert_weir at us.ibm.com
Thu Jul 7 03:09:30 CEST 2011

sc34wg6-bounces at vse.cz wrote on 07/06/2011 06:37:45 PM:

> On Tuesday 05 Jul 2011 21:46:09 Francis Cave wrote:
> > I attach draft minutes of the teleconference meeting on 2011-06-22.
Please
> > advise me of any errors.
>
> Regarding Item 6.1:
>
> "Although no formal position was taken by the meeting, the balance
> of view during the meeting seemed to be in favour of retaining 26300
> to align with ODF 1.1, which will remain a supported OASIS standard
> after ODF 1.2 has been published, and creating a new numbered
> standard to align with ODF 1.2"
>
> While I understand the reasoning behind the view that perhaps ODF 1.
> 2 should have a new numbered standard may I present a non-technical
> reason for suggestind that IS 26300 should be retained?

I'd also question whether that was the sense of the meeting.  My sense was
it was quite undecided and even slightly tipped the other way.  But this
is extremely hard to determine on a teleconference, absent a formal poll
of attendees, so I'd be satisfied if the minutes merely stated that the
topic was discussed but no formal position was taken.