Some changes at the OASIS ODF TC

robert_weir at us.ibm.com robert_weir at us.ibm.com
Wed Jul 23 20:25:02 CEST 2014

Hello Francis,

I wanted to make sure you and my WG6 colleagues were aware of some recent
changes at the OASIS ODF TC.   My work at IBM has changed and I'm no
longer directly involved with document formats and editors.   So it made
sense for me to resign as Chairman of the ODF TC, and pass the baton to
someone who can give this role the focused attention it deserves.   The TC
has elected Oliver-Rainner Wittmann as its new co-Chair, joining Patrick
Durusau.   Oliver is a long-time member of the ODF TC and an implementer
of ODF in Apache OpenOffice.

For the near term I'll remain as the liaison from the ODF TC to WG6, to
provide some continuity.   Chris Rae is now our TC liaison to SC34.   You
can see our current list of liaisons on our website here:

https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=office#tc-liaisons

Regards,

Rob