Scope.

robert_weir at us.ibm.com robert_weir at us.ibm.com
Sat Oct 9 18:15:35 CEST 2010

sc34wg1study-bounces at vse.cz wrote on 10/09/2010 06:43:36 AM:

> Given:
>
> The deliverables of this project shall be:
>    •    Specification of a minimal compressed archive format suitable
> for immediate use with the
>         document standards named above
>    •    Specification of XML serializations of archive data for
> validation purposes
>    •    Specification of a mechanism for exposing archived document
> structure, when those archived
>         documents are XML
>

> Is that all we have for a scope?
> Is that a given? Note it's pretty weak.
> Can we redefine a scope?

That was the scope proposed in the original NWIP (N 1414).  The ballot to
approve that project failed.  So I do not believe that we are limited to
the original scope.  In fact, the failure of that ballot suggests that the
scope may need to be adjusted and/or clarified.

My understanding is that we're now doing a "stage 0" activity, where one
possible outcome is a new NWIP proposal with a new scope.  The terms of
this study period activity is defined by N 1494.

Regards,

-Rob