Remote participation for WG1 meeting in Beijing

robert_weir at us.ibm.com robert_weir at us.ibm.com
Sat Oct 23 21:01:16 CEST 2010

I request that facilities for remote participation, e.g., via
teleconference, be made available for at least the ZIP study group portion
of the Beijing WG1 meeting  in December.

We did this, for example, with the WG6 meeting in Stockholm.  Although the
time zone difference obviously makes it inconvenient for remote
participants, I do know that having a teleconference line available in
Stockholm did enable active participation from interested technical
experts who otherwise would not have been able to attend.  This was
greatly appreciated.

And unlike Stockholm, Beijing will not have a SC34 plenary, so there is
high likelihood that the in-person turnout for the ZIP discussion will
have a low degree of representation of NB interests.  This can be at least
partially remedied with a concurrent teleconference.

Regards,

-Rob