The +zip convention for media types derived from ZIP

MURATA Makoto eb2m-mrt at asahi-net.or.jp
Fri Aug 5 15:47:57 CEST 2011

Dear colleagues,

There is a convention "+xml" for media types for specific XML vocabularies.
It is documented by RFC 3023.

On the other hand, although EPUB already uses "application/epub+zip",
the "+zip" convention has not been established in IETF and thus this
media type has not been registered.  Ned Freed wrote: "My main concern
with the +zip case is whether or not "zip" is sufficiently well defined. "

Since the NWIP was approved (SC34 N1661), I think that we should try.

http://www.alvestrand.no/pipermail/ietf-types/2007-September/thread.html
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ietf-types/current/thrd2.html#01169