The +zip convention for media types derived from ZIP

Dennis E. Hamilton dennis.hamilton at acm.org
Sat Aug 6 00:39:27 CEST 2011

I find this to be an interesting idea.

I take it that you are suggesting an IETF RFC be proposed on Zip Media Types that includes the basic Zip media types (whatever they need to be) and also establishes the "+zip" suffix for media types and updates the registration process.

I notice that we may need to reconcile with

application/zip based on a submission made on 1993-07-20.  (The APPNOTE for version 6.2.0 is dated 2004-04-26.)

 - Dennis