Minor Encryption-related defect in ODF 1.2 Part 3 Specification

Dennis E. Hamilton dennis.hamilton at acm.org
Mon Aug 8 03:55:19 CEST 2011

<http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/OFFICE-3708> reports a defect in the choice of URI for specifying use of the SHA256 digest algorithm.

This is at a higher-level of abstraction above the basic scope of the WG1 Zip Study group.  Nevertheless, I though it appropriate to alert those who might be looking to the ODF 1.2 Package specification in regard to encryption and related provisions.

The 2011-08-03 comment on the JIRA issue describes the proposed means of mitigating this defect, introduced early enough that it can be resolved by an Errata for ODF 1.2 and fully corrected in ODF 1.3.

I will also propose an advisory at the OASIS ODF Interoperability and Conformance (OIC) TC.

 - Dennis