Alignment with ISO Open Font. (Formatted) was Re: DR 09-0052: SML, Styles: family attribute range issue

Rick Jelliffe rjelliffe at allette.com.au
Thu Jun 11 10:39:35 CEST 2009

Sorry, I did not send the HTML formatted version last time. My suggested
changes to Shawn's text in green.

Cheers
Rick Jelliffe

_18.18.x  ST_FontFamily (Font Family _Class_)___

_This simple type specifies a font family _class_ _using the Class
values specified in Annex B of of ISO/IEC 14496-22:2007_. A font family
_class _is a set of fonts having common stroke width and serif
characteristics. This is system level font information.  _

_This simple type's contents are a restriction of the W3C XML Schema
unsignedInt datatype._

_This simple type is restricted to the values listed in the following
tables_s .Note: the equivalent names used by Ecma 367 are given in
parentheses.

Table 1.

*_Value_*

*_Font Family _*Class

_0___

__ No classification

_1___

Oldstyle serifs _(Roman)_

_2___

Transitional serifs _(Swiss)_

_3___

Modern serifs _(Modern)_

_4___

Clarenden serifs _(Script)_

_5___

Slab serifs _(Decorative)_

Table 2.

*_Value_*

*_Font Family_* Class

6,11, 13, 14__

	(Reserved)

7__

Freeform serifs

8__

Sans serifs

9__

Ornamentals

10__

Scripts

12__

Symbolic

A producer or consumer may substitute values in table 1 for values of
table 2 for compatibility with ECMA 367.

<xsd:maxInclusive value="14"/>