Alignment with ISO Open Font. (Formatted) was Re: DR 09-0052: SML, Styles: family attribute range issue

Shawn Villaron shawnv at microsoft.com
Fri Jun 12 21:19:37 CEST 2009

Hi Rick,

At yesterday's phone conference we discussed by my original proposal and your response to it where you suggest alignment with ISO Open Font.  The recommendation was that we accept the defect report as-is and ask that you log a separate defect report recommending improving 29500 such that we attain this alignment.  I believe that this is the right way to handle this, but I felt it was important for you to have an opportunity to provide feedback on this recommendation before we consider it official.  What do you think?

If you agree that a separate defect report should be logged, I'd request that we look at 29500 comprehensively here.  The proposed change below would improve text support in SpreadsheetML, but I think the intent was to improve it for that, plus the other MLs.

I'd be happy to work with you on drafting the separate defect report if you're so interested.

I believe the consensus was that if you agree with the recommendation, we'd move this to LAST CALL and consider it for COR1.

Thanks,

shawn