WG4 comment collection system

Doug Mahugh Doug.Mahugh at microsoft.com
Thu Mar 19 16:13:03 CET 2009

In discussing the possibilities for how we proceed, I think it may be useful to distinguish between comment collection and comment processing.  We had originally started creating a collection system, but it sounds like most of us are more concerned with processing (i.e., tracking the status of our work, and the associated activities such as commenting on proposals) rather than collection.

One option that we could consider is whether to remove the functionality for entering a DR altogether, and instead view the system as a tool for tracking these submissions.  One potential benefit of that approach is that we could stop spending our time on modifications to improve the authoring/data-entry experience, and instead focus on the workflow that follows.  One potential drawback may be that we'd need to break submitted batches of DRs into a separate document for each one, rather than submitting a larger document containing multiple DRs.

- Doug