Upgrading the 29500 DR Processing System (was: Following up on my action item to give feedback on my DR Log V2 Plan)

Jirka Kosek jirka at kosek.cz
Wed Sep 30 09:53:45 CEST 2009

Jesper Lund Stocholm wrote:

> I do have one question: the WG4 website holds a copy of the DR-log and
> that copy is being routinely updated (by Murata-san, I presume). Do you
> think it would be possible to have the WG4-website hold copies of the
> individual DOCX-files as well as they are updated? This would enable
> (anyone of) us to use these files in any sort of way to fit each of our
> specific needs.
>
> And in the spirit of "bringing home the deer I shot", I'd be happy to
> take the task of being the one to update the (large) list of individual
> files on WG4 website.

Wouldn't it be then better to have all .docx files with individual DRs
stored in Subversion repository provided by Assembla then? This way
people who don't want to use Subversion can browse files using web
interface provided by Assembla while Subversion-ready people can use
Subversion to always have fresh copy of files.

For Rex this shouldn't add much burden. He has only to commit directory
with files to Subversion after making changes. Which is two click
process with clients like TortoiseSVN.

Personally, for me this is better then to scan mailbox to grab recent
version of files.

			Jirka

  Jirka Kosek      e-mail: jirka at kosek.cz      http://xmlguru.cz