DR 10-0001 - removal of leap year bug from strict (was RE: Detailed agenda for the 2010-04-22 teleconf)

Horton, Gareth Gareth_Horton at datawatch.com
Thu Apr 29 19:16:02 CEST 2010

Hi all,

I have done some major surgery on this.  I gave up a little towards the end, as we need to discuss the fact that the "new" 1900 date system should be removed from Transitional, since we are removing ISO8601 dates for interop purposes.  It follows that we need to remove the mechanism for creating non-interoperable dates.

I also feel it makes little sense to do the text changes on this DR without the ISO8601 profiling improvements and a general tightening of the text.

I have made some changes and comments in this respect for your feedback.

Thanks

Gareth