DR 10-0001 - removal of leap year bug from strict (was RE: Detailed agenda for the 2010-04-22 teleconf)

Jesper Lund Stocholm jesper.stocholm at ciber.dk
Thu Apr 29 21:48:07 CEST 2010

Hello,

compatibility
> date base"? There seems to have been an effort to add text saying that
> the 1900 date base is the preferred date base, and renaming the 1904
> date base to make it a second-class citizen (along with the now
> moribund 1900 back-compat date base).

AFAIK the German delegation was the primary engine behind rewriting
date-functionality at the BRM, so you might want to talk to them. Mario
would probably be a good choice.

> If I don't hear back from anyone who was at the BRM, I'm going to
> follow Jesper's suggestion and reinvest the 1904 date base with the
> glory it had back in ECMA 376.

I can only speak for the Danish delegation (at least, I think I can),
and we have/had no issues with 1904 date base system.

Jesper Lund Stocholm
ciber Danmark A/S