DR 09-0321 ? OPC: Relationships Markup

MURATA Makoto (FAMILY Given) eb2m-mrt at asahi-net.or.jp
Fri Aug 13 06:09:22 CEST 2010

> http://cid-c8ba0861dc5e4adc.office.live.com/view.aspx/Public%20Documents/2009/DR-09-0321.docx
>
> This DR covers use of the vague wording $BE3(Belationship Type is defined in the same way that
>namespaces are defined for XML namespaces$BG(B I think this can be
>remedied by the attached changes to the paragraph. I do like retaining the
>reference to XML namespaces, just because I think it gives a handy
>pointer to implementers.

Oops, I should have asked.  Why URIs rather than IRIs?  Why should
we disallow non-ASCII characters?

Unfortunately, XML namespace names are not URIs but IRIs.  Xerces
does not allow IRIs as namespace names, while MS implementations
have always allowed IRIs as namespace names.  Here shouldn't we
allow non-ASCII characters?