DR 09-0321 ? OPC: Relationships Markup

Chris Rae Chris.Rae at microsoft.com
Fri Aug 13 19:26:50 CEST 2010

Given that part names are not something that's ever presented to application users, I would argue that using URIs will make implementation easier, allow IS 29500 files to be parsed by a wider range of existing applications  and save disk space (although in the overall scheme of things the last one doesn't matter much). Given that IS 29500:1 doesn't support IRIs here, I think it's a large change that breaks backward-compatibility for only a minor syntactic benefit.

Let's discuss it on the next call.