DR 09-0194 ? WML: Use of terminology "id" and "unique identifier"

Chris Rae Chris.Rae at microsoft.com
Thu Aug 19 20:45:46 CEST 2010

How about this, as discussed on the call:

Into parts 1, 2 and 3 add text to Terms and Definitions:

id: In some XML technologies, the term "id" implies use of the xsd:ID data type. In this international standard, this term is used to refer to a variety of different identification systems.

unique identifier: In some XML technologies, the term "unique identifier" implies use of the xsd:ID data type. In this international standard, this term is used to refer to a variety of different identification systems.