AMD2: Draft, FDAM, FPDAM?

Chris Rae Chris.Rae at microsoft.com
Fri Jul 9 00:40:35 CEST 2010

Just wanted to carry on the discussion we began on the call this morning. There was a lot of back-and-forth on this topic, but I got the sense that we were beginning to agree upon a course of action, that being:

*         Gareth and I distribute a clearly-labelled and properly publicised draft of AMD2 within WG4 before the September meeting, with the intent that WG4 review this before and during the September meeting.

*         We then go straight to FDAM, without an FPDAM.

Norbert, I think you were the biggest proponent of having an FPDAM before an FDAM but, if I understand right, you seemed to be happy just going to FDAM as long as there was a draft circulated early, and NBs were made aware of that fact. Am I reading your feelings correctly?