AMD2: Draft, FDAM, FPDAM?

Keld Simonsen keld at keldix.com
Fri Jul 9 11:03:15 CEST 2010

On Fri, Jul 09, 2010 at 10:01:41AM +0900, MURATA Makoto (FAMILY Given) wrote:
> Chris,
>
> > *         We then go straight to FDAM, without an FPDAM.
> >
> > Norbert, I think you were the biggest proponent of having an FPDAM before an
> >FDAM but, if I understand right, you seemed to be happy just going to
> >FDAM as long as there was a draft circulated early, and NBs were made
> >aware of that fact. Am I reading your feelings correctly?
>
> You probably meant FPDAM when you wrote FDAM, and meant
> PDAM when you wrote FPDAM.  In my understanding of the the
> old process:
>
> PDAM  -- (3 month ballot in SC34) --->
>   FPDAM  --- (4 month ballot in SC34) -->
>       FDAM --- (2 month combined-ballot in JTC1)

As I said yesterday, I believe we are now under new rules.
We do not have a project number for the amendment, so there is no
project, and as a new project we will operate under new rules.

Then there are 4 ballots

NP can be ballotted in a SC34 plenary, provided it is on the agenda.
PDAM is a 2, 3 or 4 month ballot
DAM is a 5 month ballot.
FDAM is a 2 month ballot, which can be avoided if there are no
  negative votes on the DAM ballot.

See ISO/IEC directives clause 2.
http://isotc.iso.org/livelink/livelink?func=ll&objId=8075502&objAction=Open&nexturl=%2Flivelink%2Flivelink%3Ffunc%3Dll%26objId%3D4230455%26objAction%3Dbrowse%26sort%3Dsubtype

best regards