JTC1 supplement training

MURATA Makoto (FAMILY Given) eb2m-mrt at asahi-net.or.jp
Fri Jul 23 00:15:31 CEST 2010

Dear colleagues,

Yesterday, the SC34 chair, Sam Oh, and I had a chance
to attend the JTC1 supplement training.  The presentation
material is available at:

http://www.itscj.ipsj.or.jp/J1sup/Tokyo_training.ppt

The biggest change is that FCDs and FPDAMs are gone.  We
have to use DISs and DAMs intead.  More about this, see
page 21 in the PowerPoint file.

We can publish technical reports and technical specifications,
but types of technical reports are gone.   (See page 19)

Technical reports provide "collected data of a different kind
from that which is normally published as an International Standard (this
may include, for example, data obtained from a survey carried out among
the national bodies, data on work in other international organizations
or data on the "state of the art" in relation to standards of national
bodies on a particular subject)"  Meanwhile, technical specifications
are specifications.

Details are available at:

http://isotc.iso.org/livelink/livelink?func=ll&objId=9384365&objAction=browse&sort=name

ISO/IEC Directives, Part 1 describe rules for ISO/IEC in general.
JTC1 supplement describe rules specific to JTC1.  JTC1 standing
documents provide additional rules.

Regards,

SC34/WG4 Convenor
MURATA Makoto (FAMILY Given)