Draft for review: ISO 8601 date work on IS 29500

Jesper Lund Stocholm jesper.stocholm at ciber.dk
Fri Jul 23 11:49:59 CEST 2010

Hi Rick

OOXML.

Well, I was trying to explain why I thought the original prose could be
confusing for developers implementing OOXML. It could be read as a
normative requirement, but in quite a few use cases conversion of dates
to serial values will never take place.

> I thought it related to how dates were treated by the calculations in
> the OOXML spreadsheet functions.

Yes - that was my intent when using the word "functions".

> That would be relevant and useful information.

+1

Med venlig hilsen / Best regards

Jesper Lund Stocholm

CIBER Danmark A/S