Draft for review: ISO 8601 date work on IS 29500

rjelliffe at allette.com.au rjelliffe at allette.com.au
Fri Jul 23 09:56:18 CEST 2010

> My reason for using "functions" is that we (CIBER) is in the "doc
> generation business" and not in the "doc consumption business" as
> Microsoft and others are. So we will likely be doing much more
> generation stuff than consumption stuff.

If the  sentence has to do with how programmers use dates in their own
consumer applications, it probably does not belong in a spec for OOXML.

I thought it related to how dates were treated by the calculations in the
OOXML spreadsheet functions. That would be relevant and useful
information.

Cheers
Rick Jelliffe