DR 11-0012 - WML: Absence of the type attribute of the docGrid element

Chris Rae Chris.Rae at microsoft.com
Thu Jun 16 00:36:21 CEST 2011

Hi Jesper -

I think we do have to describe what the behaviour should be when the attribute is missing (given that it's optional) but I'd be happy to put the text I had in an informative note into Microsoft's implementer notes instead. That was actually what I was initially thinking of doing with this DR, but I felt that "if this is missing, it's like the parent was missing" rather begs the question "then why not just omit the parent", so I thought implementers might benefit from some sort of description.

That said, I'm certainly open to putting that information in implementer notes if WG4 think it would be better there.