Updates to DR 09-0061

suzuki toshiya mpsuzuki at hiroshima-u.ac.jp
Tue Jun 21 10:09:37 CEST 2011

Dear Chris,

Thank you for revising the draft. There is any rule to
use the wordings like "recommended" or "strongly recommended"
in ISO/IEC 29500 spec? If possible, I want to insert
"it is strongly recommended to use valid Panose-1 value."

It seems that most of "it is strongly recommended" is
enclosed by [Note:...:end of Note] or [Example:...:end of
Example]. But, there are several "recommended" words in
normative parts. Followings are the list I could find.

* 17.7.4.19 uiPriority
"recommended setting is..." "recommended sort order...".
* 17.15.1.93 writeProtection
(there is an attribute named "recommended")
* 18.4.6 rPh
in the description of "eb" attribute,
"It is recommended that the following condition also be satisfied"
in the description of "sb" attribute,
"It is recommended that the following condition also be satisfied"
* 18.7.7 text
"A recommended guideline is 32767 chars."
* 21.1.2.2.3 endParaRPr
"It is recommended that this element specified at the end of..."
* 21.1.2.4.13 lvl1pPr
"It is recommended that the order in which this and other level..."
* 21.1.2.4.14 lvl2pPr
Ditto.
* 21.1.2.4.15 lvl3pPr
Ditto.
* 21.1.2.4.16 lvl4pPr
Ditto.
* 21.1.2.4.17 lvl5pPr
Ditto.
* 21.1.2.4.18 lvl6pPr
Ditto.
* 21.1.2.4.19 lvl7pPr
Ditto.
* 21.1.2.4.20 lvl8pPr
Ditto.
* 21.1.2.4.21 lvl9pPr
Ditto.
* 22.2.2.7 DocSecurity
(there is a security level 2 described "Document is recommended to be opened as read-only.")

Regards,
suzuki toshiya, Hiroshima University, Japan