DR 10-0043 - OPC: Non-ambiguity of DC identifiers

MURATA Makoto (FAMILY Given) eb2m-mrt at asahi-net.or.jp
Sun Sep 11 15:34:12 CEST 2011

The phrase "an unambiguous reference to the resource within a given
context." appears to be quoted from "Dublin Core Metadata Element Set,
Version 1.1", which is available at http://dublincore.org/documents/dces/.

I don't think that we should try to improve this borrowed phrase
especially because we do not really care.  I thus think "close without
action" is sensible.

In the case of EPUB, people do want to ensure uniqueness.  They
discussed a lot, and the result can be seen in the EPUB3 package
specification.  I have to confess that I still don't understand very
well.

http://idpf.org/epub/30/spec/epub30-publications.html