DR 09-0061

John Haug johnhaug at exchange.microsoft.com
Sat Jan 21 03:27:54 CET 2012

DR 09-0061 is marked as closed and integrated into the DCOR 2 under ballot.  Since it was never included, and thus never part of the material under ballot, I believe we are allowed to discuss it.  Murata-san previously indicated Japan would file the official DCOR comment about DR 09-0061 being missing.

Back to Suzuki-san's mail...  OK, if I understand correctly what you say below, it sounds like you and Greg are in agreement.

Here is the summary of the problem from my discussions with Greg.
 -- PANOSE "1.0" is the version of PANOSE used by TrueType and OpenType. The fields are defined here <http://www.microsoft.com/Typography/otspec/os2.htm#pan> and (this is important) the description of the contents of the fields are defined here: <http://www.microsoft.com/Typography/otspec/os2ver1.htm#pan>.
 -- PANOSE "1.5" is not part of the TrueType or OpenType specification and is defined here: <http://www.monotypeimaging.com/ProductsServices/pan1.aspx>
 -- There is actually quite a significant difference between the specifications on <http://www.microsoft.com/Typography/otspec/os2ver1.htm#pan> and <http://www.monotypeimaging.com/ProductsServices/pan1.aspx>, in that with the latter MTI specification, the definition of digits 2-10 changes based on the value of the first digit.

Greg suggested the following regex "for PANOSE v1 where the definition of all the digits is static":
\s*(00\s*){10}\s*
\s*(01\s*){10}\s*
\s*0[2-5]\s*0[0-9A-Fa-f]\s*0[0-9ABab]\s*0[0-9]\s*0[0-9]\s*0[0-9Aa]\s*0[0-9ABab]\s*0[0-9A-Fa-f]\s*0[0-9A-Da-d]\s*0[0-7]\s*

How does that regex compare to what you designed?

John