DR reminders for Prague

John Haug johnhaug at exchange.microsoft.com
Thu Jan 26 21:40:12 CET 2012

Looking back at WG 4 work since Busan, I remembered there were two topics of research to look into for the Prague meeting.  Just want to send this out for everyone's benefit for the DR discussion period.

>From WG 4 N 0208:
DR 11-0008, "WML: Kihon-hanmen-based page design" - Decided to not try and close this for COR2. We request review and comments from East Asian NBs.

>From WG 4 N 0219:
DR 11-0030, "OPC:  Obsolete version of W3C XML Digital Signature 1.0"
Murata-san presented his mail, "2nd edition of XML Signature 1.0" from 2012-01-01.
John H. suggested that regarding updating 29500 from XMLDSig 1.0 First Edition to Second Edition we should research the Second Ed to:
1. Determine whether there is sufficient benefit to updating
2. Determine whether there are any potential risks in updating

John