DR 12-0024 - General: Problems with the rendering of figures

Rex Jaeschke rex at RexJaeschke.com
Mon Jan 28 19:57:39 CET 2013

https://skydrive.live.com/view.aspx/Public%20Documents/2012/DR-12-0024.docx?
cid=c8ba0861dc5e4adc&sc=documents

I generated the 29500:2012 PDFs using MS Office 2010, and I selected the
PDF/A option. Unbeknownst to me that setting disables transparency of
graphical objects. I extracted from the standard the figures in question and
generated PDFs with and without PDF/A selected (see attached). The version
without PDF/A looks just like the original DOCX, so the solution going
forward is to deselect that option.