2015 F2F Meeting Schedule and Hosts

Rex Jaeschke rex at RexJaeschke.com
Wed Feb 26 16:03:08 CET 2014

I'm simply trying to make the gaps between F2F meetings more uniform. And
since we're tied to a Plenary each September, that left only one obvious
alternative, every 4 months around that. We have some good synergy at F2F
meetings and to go up to 6 months between (September to March), I think, has
the potential for us to lose some momentum.

That said, I have no personal stake in the schedule of the non-Plenary
meetings.

We do, however, need to be flexible, depending on when hosts may have space
available. Some National Standards groups allocate their meeting rooms well
in advance.

Rex

From: Francis Cave [mailto:francis at franciscave.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 25, 2014 7:07 PM
To: SC 34 WG4
Cc: Francis Cave
Subject: Re: 2015 F2F Meeting Schedule and Hosts

Hi Rex

In 2012 we (briefly) managed an every-four-months pattern of meetings:
February - June - October. Is it your view that a January - May - September
pattern would be easier to schedule?

Francis

On 25/02/2014 23:43, Rex Jaeschke wrote:

[As this affects all WGs who meet with us (WG4) outside plenaries, please
circulate this to WG1, WG5, and WG6 members, as appropriate.]

Here are a couple of things to think about in advance of the Berlin meeting:

Meeting Schedule: When we changed from 4 meetings/year to 3, the schedule
for the non-plenary meetings wasn't adjusted, so we've had March, June, and
September meetings, leaving a 6-month gap between September and March. I
propose that starting in 2015, we adopt a January, May, September schedule,
so meetings are evenly spaced.

January 2015 Meeting Host: I had a tentative offer, but that is no longer on
the table. Please check if you can host multiple WGs for 4-5 days sometime
that month. I'd like to announce a host and date block for that meeting as
soon as a possible, and in any event no later than the close of our Prague
meeting in June 2014.

FYI, below is our meeting location history.

Rex

2009-01 WG4 - Okinawa, JP

2009-03 Plenary - Prague, CZ

2009-06 WG4 - Copenhagen, DK