2015 F2F Meeting Schedule and Hosts

Rex Jaeschke rex at RexJaeschke.com
Thu Feb 27 00:18:49 CET 2014

Francis, if we were to adopt an-every-4-months schedule, right now I have no
preference over the month set I suggested vs. yours vs. others.

Sam, I agree that if someone wants to suggest changing the month of the
Plenary, that should be discussed at the Plenary; however, that was not my
initial intent (hence the Jan/May/Sep proposal), as that complicated the
problem.

Even if we decide to make a change at the September Plenary, that's leaving
it very late for the Q1-2015 WG meeting date to be decided. Many members and
hosts have calendars that go out a year or more in advance, so I think WG4
(and other WGs that wish to meet along with it) should at least have a plan
for the Q1-2015 F2F meeting by the end of the June 2014 meeting.

BTW, as chair of SC 22, I'm researching having a virtual Plenary (that is,
entirely via WebEx), starting in 2016, probably with a trial run in 2015.
Given the very low cost and time commitment of such a meeting, SC 22 can
have more than one a year. (Right now, it has one F2F per year.)

Rex