OPC: contents of SignatureProperty

MURATA Makoto eb2m-mrt at asahi-net.or.jp
Thu Feb 27 02:50:23 CET 2014

Jim,

>  Murata-san,
>

> After a careful review of digital signature parts created by Microsoft
> Office 2007, 2010, and 2013 I think the issue you raise below is a
> misunderstanding rather than a conflict.

You are right.  I misinterpreted the schema xmldsig-core-schema.xsd.

The wildcard in the definition of SignaturePropertyType allows any
foreign elements.

    <element name="SignatureProperty" type="ds:SignaturePropertyType"/>
   <complexType name="SignaturePropertyType" mixed="true">
     <choice maxOccurs="unbounded">
       <any namespace="##other" processContents="lax"/>
       <!-- (1,1) elements from (1,unbounded) namespaces -->
     </choice>
     <attribute name="Target" type="anyURI" use="required"/>
     <attribute name="Id" type="ID" use="optional"/>
   </complexType>

On the other hand, I screwed up in revising the RELAX NG schema
opc-digSig.rnc when we adopted a new schema  xmldsig-core-schema.rnc
from W3C.  I will revise opc-digSig.rnc as part of Part 2 revision.