DR 10-0048 (OPC Annex C) proposed changes

Chris Rae Chris.Rae at microsoft.com
Thu Jun 19 13:42:40 CEST 2014

One piece of information I think is lost in my current draft is the records for which “supported” is “no” but “pass-through on editing” is set to “yes” (this includes the one DR 10-0048 was originally directed at). I’m wondering whether we could introduce a setting of “Ignored”, meaning that the record is permitted to exist in an OPC file but an OPC consumer must not use its content. It would then be down to implementations to determine whether to round-trip the record or not.

Chris