Seemingly-orphan parts

John Haug johnhaug at exchange.microsoft.com
Wed May 6 00:23:09 CEST 2015

I think it was left to specific file format specifications built on OPC to determine how to handle things like this.  For example, this is addressed in Part 1:

9.1.4 Unknown Parts
With the exception of relationship parts, all other parts in an Office Open XML document that are not the target
of an implicit or explicit relationship are considered unknown parts. Unknown parts shall be ignored on
document consumption and can, but need not, be discarded on production.

John