PLEASE PROOF: TR 30114-1 Extensions of Office Open XML File Formats -- Part 1 Guidelines; FEEDBACK DUE BY 2016-04-11

Rex Jaeschke rex at RexJaeschke.com
Tue Apr 5 15:50:59 CEST 2016

I've extended the feedback Due date to 2016-04-11, the day before our next
teleconference.

From: Rex Jaeschke [mailto:rex at RexJaeschke.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2016 6:52 PM
To: SC 34 WG4 (e-SC34-WG4 at ecma-international.org)
<e-SC34-WG4 at ecma-international.org>
Cc: TC45 (e-TC45 at ecma-international.org) <e-TC45 at ecma-international.org>
Subject: PLEASE PROOF: TR 30114-1 Extensions of Office Open XML File Formats
-- Part 1 Guidelines; FEEDBACK DUE BY 2016-04-05

>From the WG4 Barcelona Meeting minutes:

----
7. Other Business

Extensions; Part 1: Guidelines for extending OOXML

This Part is complete; however, as it was converted from its original form
as a standard, to a TR, we probably need to check that it has the correct
format w.r.t Scope, Normative References, and such.

Action: Rex will do whatever it takes editorially to complete this Part,
circulate it to WG4 members for a review, and then submit it for balloting.
----

I have completed all the formatting. Here's what has changed since the
previous draft:

1. I set the date of the TR as 2016
2. As a TR contains no normative text, I deleted the Normative References
clause, moving its contents to the Bibliography 3. As the TR points to
undated standards (such as 29500-1/-2/-3), I removed the specific
clause/subclause references to those standards, as they can change in newer
editions 4. I confirmed that all other elements are appropriate for a TR

>From the SC 34 Beijing Plenary:

----
Resolution 5: Progression of Project for TR 30114-1: Extensions of Office
Open XML File Formats -- Part 1: Guidelines

SC 34 instructs its Secretariat to initiate a two-month PDTR ballot when the
text is submitted by the project editor. SC 34 delegates its authority for
resolution of comments and recommendation for further processing to WG 4
until the next plenary.

Unanimously approved
----

I propose we all review this final draft over the next few weeks, and that
during the 2016-04-12 teleconference, we approve starting the PDTR ballot.