DR 15-0020

MURATA Makoto eb2m-mrt at asahi-net.or.jp
Fri Sep 23 05:35:30 CEST 2016

I covered six elements containing VML in my previous mail.  All
of them beong to MWL.

This mail covers PML and SML.

There is only one xsd:any in the pml.xsd schema.  I suppose that
VML can appear within ext elements and nowhere else.

  <xsd:complexType name="CT_Extension">
    <xsd:sequence>
      <xsd:any processContents="lax" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
    </xsd:sequence>
    <xsd:attribute name="uri" type="xsd:token" use="required"/>
  </xsd:complexType>

There are three occurences of xsd:any in the sml.xsd schema, but two
of them are for schema representations and data bindings.  The last
one is shown below.  Again, I suppose that VML can appear within ext
elements.

  <xsd:complexType name="CT_Extension">
    <xsd:sequence>
      <xsd:any processContents="lax"/>
    </xsd:sequence>
    <xsd:attribute name="uri" type="xsd:token"/>
  </xsd:complexType>

Here is my proposal.

- Part 1 should explicitly disallow the use of VML for ext elements in
  PML and SML.  At present, one could argue that ISO/IEC 29500-1
  allows the use of VML.

- Part 4 should introduce subclauses for ext elements in
  transitional PML and XML, and allow the use VML.