DR-17-0007, "WML: the val attribute of uniqueTag is missing from the prose"

Francis Cave francis at franciscave.com
Sat Jun 17 16:10:49 CEST 2017

Murata-san

In your revised example the val attribute is missing the w: qualifying
prefix.

But there are errors in the text that you have not mentioned. The second
paragraph says:

"The contents of this attribute shall be the base64-encoded value of the
unique tag value as specified by the data
source."

If an attribute description table is added, this second paragraph needs
to go in the description column. Otherwise this paragraph has to be
revised, e.g.

"The contents of the val attribute of this element shall be the
base64-encoded value of the unique tag value as specified by the data
source."

Also, the final paragraph of this sub-clause currently reads:

"The possible values for this element are defined by the W3C XML Schema
CT_Base64Binarydatatype."

If an attribute description table is added, this final paragraph needs
to go in the description column, with "element" changed to "attribute".
Otherwise the paragraph has to be revised, e.g.

"The possible values for the val attribute of this element are defined
by the W3C XML Schema CT_Base64Binarydatatype."

I think it is preferable to add an attribute description table, for
consistency.

Kind regards,

Francis